GASTROINTESTINAL CANCER PROCEDURES
Radiology Associates, PC (RAPC)
– Ablation: Microwave Ablation, Cryoablation – Treatment of tumors of the liver, kidney, lung, bone.
– Embolization: Therasphere (coming soon), Chemoembolization – Treatment of tumors of the liver.
– Blood Clot Removal – Malignancies can cause overactive blood clotting. If a clot occurs it can be treated with blood thinners or, in some cases, in addition with removal of the clot.
– IVC Filter Placement – In some cases, a filter may be necessary for protection against clot migration into the lungs, known as pulmonary embolus.
– Pain Management Injections – Nerve blocks, i.e. Celiac Plexus Block
– Kyphoplasty, Vertebroplasty – Treatment of osteoporotic or malignant spinal compression fractures.
– Chemotherapy Venous Access Port Implantation
– Fluid Drainage – Relief of malignant abdominal and pleural fluid.
– Bile Duct Stenting, Percutaneous Biliary Drainage – Relief of malignant bile duct obstruction causing jaundice.
– Therasphere (also known as Y90 or Yttrium-90, Trans-arterial radioembolization or radioembolization).
Eugene Gastroenterology Consultants (EGC)
– Endoscopic ultrasound (EUS)
– Endoscopic retrograde cholangiopancreatography (ERCP)
– Esophageal/Colon/Biliary stenting
– Gastrostomy tube (G-tube) insertion/feeding tubes
– Radiofrequency ablation (RFA) for Barrett’s esophagus with dysplasia
– Colonoscopy/colon cancer screening
– Screening for Barrett’s esophagus
– SB pill cam, chromoendoscopy (for IBD surveillance)
Pathology Consultants, PC
Genetic Testing, including:
– Mismatch repair testing for Lynch screening and therapy guidance in colorectal carcinoma.
– Her-2/neu testing for gastric carcinomas.
– Testing for PD-L1, extended KRAS testing for selected gastrointestinal carcinomas.
Willamette Valley Cancer Institute and Research Center
Average number of patients per year:
– Upper GI/Esophageal – 83.33
– Pancreatic – 62
– Colorectal – 176.33
– 3D Conformal Radiation
– Intensity Modulation Radiation Therapy (IMRT)
– Volumetric Modulated Arc Therapy (VMAT)
– Image Guided Radiation Therapy (IGRT) with KV Images or Cone Beam CT Scan
– Stereotactic Body Radiation Therapy (SBRT)