Radiology Associates, PC (RAPC)
– Ablation: Microwave Ablation, Cryoablation – Treatment of tumors of the liver, kidney, lung, bone.
– Embolization: Therasphere (coming soon), Chemoembolization – Treatment of tumors of the liver.
– Blood Clot Removal – Malignancies can cause overactive blood clotting. If a clot occurs it can be treated with blood thinners or, in some cases, in addition with removal of the clot.
– IVC Filter Placement – In some cases, a filter may be necessary for protection against clot migration into the lungs, known as pulmonary embolus.
– Pain Management Injections – Nerve blocks, i.e. Celiac Plexus Block
– Kyphoplasty, Vertebroplasty – Treatment of osteoporotic or malignant spinal compression fractures.
– Chemotherapy Venous Access Port Implantation
– Fluid Drainage – Relief of malignant abdominal and pleural fluid.
– Bile Duct Stenting, Percutaneous Biliary Drainage – Relief of malignant bile duct obstruction causing jaundice.
– Therasphere (also known as Y90 or Yttrium-90, Trans-arterial radioembolization or radioembolization).